Aug 30, 2016
Give Employees a Stress Free Space to Relax
It’s important to create a stress free work environment; employees need a place to relax. Numerous studies have shown that creating relaxing places for employees to take a break provides several benefits.
Here are some tips to help you make your office more relaxing:
- Create a social space: Millennials especially enjoy collaborative spaces they can hang out. Designate a space that encourages people to get away from their desk and socialize with team members.
- Make the break room multi-functional: Everyone has different interests and different needs. Include an area that can be used for impromptu meetings, team building activities and has other functionalities besides just to eat lunch.
- Encourage daydreaming: Companies need innovative thinkers if they want to continue to grow. Create a space that inspires your team to think creatively.
- Games: Encourage team members to interact with each other and take time to laugh and build relationships with some friendly games.
- Lunch Tables: Provide a space for employees to get away from their desk and refuel.
- Comfortable Seating: In order to relax, you have to be comfortable. Make sure when your employees take a break, they have comfortable seating.
- Televisions: Yes, televisions. Sometimes employees want to catch up on what’s going on in the news, get an update on the score of a game, or just want to surf some channels. Encourage them to do this in a breakroom, not on their computers.
- Quiet area: Whether an employee wants to meditate, read, or just sit in peace and quiet, provide them a space to be able to sit in silence.
GreatAmerica just invested in a new space for our employees to re-center, refocus and re-engage. It was carefully designed with everything to serve a purpose. The new living space includes a 756-square foot five-hole putting green, booth seating, cafeteria style seating, a food and beverage kiosk, a pool table, a shuffleboard, a gaming area with a Wii console, large screen TVs, and a private lactation suite with refrigerators and lockers. Employees use the space for to eat, socialize, hold meetings, and unwind.
Invest in a stress free space at your office for employees to relax and enjoy the benefits!
About The Author
Brittney Stepanek, Strategic Marketing Director for Collabrance, is responsible for helping build relationships and brand awareness through strategic marketing initiatives. Before working at Collabrance, Brittney joined GreatAmerica in 2012 doing marketing for the Office Equipment Group. She received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at the University of Iowa.